Microsoft renewed the KI trademark today, but little else is known about the move. Rare originally stated that KI3 is dead in the water, so this may just be a move to bring KI 1 & 2 to XBLA. This isn't so bad, but some of us PS & PC fanboys would like to play the games, too.
Monday, September 17, 2012
The footage is from Namco Bandai Live where Katsuhiro Harada was a featured guest and he provided some clips of the new fighters in action.
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Siliconera has discovered that Namco Bandai has trademarked "All Star Battle" for use in the states. Siliconera also mentions that Namco had trademarked the "Pirate Warriors" label a couple months before they officially made an announcement for that game.
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
According to the new Famitsu, the new Guilty Gear will also be released on the Vita some time in 2013. As a bonus, the Vita version will have full voice acting. The PSN & XBLA versions will be released in October of this year in Japan. All three versions will have game rebalancing based off of the recently released arcade version, Plus R.
Here are the details for the event;
When: Thursdays 7pm-??, beginning September 13th.
Where: Frootsii, a 24-hr casual boba/snack/dessert hangout located at 14318 Ventura Blvd in Sherman Oaks. There's a big comfy couch, many types of delicious drinks and food to order, and parking underground. Also tables, chairs, a floor, lights, and lots and lots of breathable air.
I will be bringing two PS3 setups (and possibly a 360), all patched. Bring sticks, and if you have a lagless monitor it would be much appreciated. If bloodlust dictates, I will run a tournament starting at 9:30 or so.
If this one-off proves successful, he will turn it into a weekly event.
The changes are as follows:
- Filia – dashcancel on airballs hit or whiff.
- Fortune – can supercancel the overhead of her Rekkas.
- Parasoul – can call RC soldier to cancel out of her Lv3.
- Double – hold Back during startup of Car to come out from the other side of the screen. Also Furoboros back to 1/6 meter gain (up from 0), and s.MK-2nd frame data restored (1f slower than it is now, rather than 5f slower).
- Peacock – can supercancel teleport recovery anytime, even before she’s vulnerable, not from fake teleports; can cancel Georges into each other as soon as the bomb is created, like Parasoul’s tear toss; Peacock’s recovery after putting out Lenny is 5f faster.
- Cerebella – longer supercancel time on j.D+MP; can cancel Ultimate Showstopper into DP+MP right before the last hit, sacrificing damage but allowing combos, scales followup damage to 33%.
- Valentine – allow movement and actions after air scalpel super.
- Painwheel – can fly-cancel scythe grabs on hit. Scythe hitboxes adjusted, air versions and ground LK version will grab from closer.
A new video has also been released displaying the updated patch.
The online social community service is now up and running for those who have a copy of Tekken Tag 2. The service is like a social-media network which users can "track their own fighting stats, create and manage a team with other players, participate in online competitions, and discuss fighting strategies amongst each other."
According to Namco, The WTF abides by two fundamentals;
- Scout: The World Tekken Federation gives the vast TEKKEN community a centralized hub for all things TEKKEN. Participate in the forums to discuss character strategies, move sets and gain insightful knowledge from the community. Connect with TEKKEN players of all skill levels to join or create teams and track their personal or team stats against other teams as they make their way through the leaderboards. Team leaders will be able to recruit rising competitors in the community to create an all-star roster of players.
- Train: The World Tekken Federation gives players access to a wealth of fighter stats to help improve their chances of defeating their foes in the King of Iron Fist arena. Players will be able to view and analyze their player card to gain insightful metrics pertaining to their entire battle history. Find out which character tag-team combinations work best, and which characters need more time with TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2’s robust training mode known as the Fight Lab. Players will also be able to extract valuable information about their opponents for the next time they meet in the ring.
Monday, September 10, 2012
Thanks to someone who got an early copy of the game, a .dat rip revealed the last six characters yet to be revealed through a promotion. The names of the final six are,
- Miharu Hirano
- Doctor Gepetto Boskonovitch
- Slim Bob
More details on the characters can be found at Shoryuken.
Sunday, September 9, 2012
Saturday, September 8, 2012
Kat's, from Gravity Rush, profile was accidentally put up a little too soon and by the time Superbot realized their mistaken, someone had already grabbed a screen shot of the page. The official reveal will probably be some time next week.
SiliconEra, via Jump, is reporting that Giorno Giovanna and Guido Mista, from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Vento Aureo, will be playable characters in All Star Battle.
In other ASB news, the official site is releasing daily screen shots to tease the new game.
Namco Bandai is holding a Tekken Tag 2 tournament on September 11th in Sydney, Australia to attempt a new Guinness record for the "largest screen used in a video game tournament" category. They'll be using the IMAX theater for the event and 400 combatants will be taking competing.
Thursday, September 6, 2012
The nominees for the Best Fighter category of the Golden Joystick Awards have jest been announced. The games chosen are;
- Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm - Generations
- Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
- Soul Calibur V
- Street Fighter X Tekken
- UFC Undisputed 3
To vote for your favorite, just visit the Best Fighter Nominees page.
CVG asked Ed Boon if there will ever be MKvDC2. Ed stated that it is unlikely and that they'd rather develop the two series separately. His main concern with a MKvDC game is balancing the "violence and blood" from MK with the over-the top "superhero moments" from DC. By developing the two lines separately, NetherRealm can achieve both of those elements without stepping on fans toes.
In an interview with CVG, Ed Boon said the next Mortal Kombat game must be innovative instead of just releasing a rehash of the last game with new characters. For them to do this, he feels that they must wait until PS4 and/or XBox 720 to achieve their goal.
"If you introduce another edition of your game on the same console, you cannot provide a radically different experience."
"I'm sure, if we were to do a new Mortal Kombat game on next generation systems, I think we would be able to provide dramatically different experiences."